Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Full Sunday of activities

    July 30, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 88 °F

    Today after church we went to Fritz train restaurant downtown. The girls loved it. You place your order by making a phone call, then the hamburger order are delivered by train. The hamburger wasn’t that good, it was more for the atmosphere. There’s a Cho-Cho train that goes around near the ceiling and makes a loud whistle alarming the folks in the restaurants. Elizabeth, Annie and even 1 year old Amanda loved watching the train and hearing the train whistle blow. A win win.

    We made a quick, trip to the new airport in hopes to see some planes, but the new terminal doesn’t have a place to see airplanes parked at the gate, unless you are inside security. I then texted Candace to see if our girls could play with her girls. She suggested a splash pad in Liberty, MO. So, we drove back to the house and I grabbed the girls’ swimming suits. We had a blast there. It was hot, but the girls cooled down, made some new friends and we shared the picnic table with a Mexican family there celebrating a kid’s birthday. They shared their cupcakes with the girls.

    After swimming, I texted the Beuhlers to see if we could stop and visit them before heading to the. Shots house. We visited with Heather Hower too. Bob and Sharla are some welcoming and had just the right toys for the girls.

    I changed the girls to their sleeping pjs and as soon as we got home, they went straight to bed. Their supper was all the snacks at the pool and donuts and bananas that Sharla fed them. They went fast to sleep. Tomorrow = traveling day back to Illinois.
    Read more