Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    A creepy night and a wonderful day

    August 12, 2019 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Let's say that Slovenia didn't give us the warmest arrival... We decided not to spend the night in Venice and to continue straight away by a bus with Nomago (bus company most commonly used in Slovenia). We had a twin room booked for that night with a late check in and surprise! When we arrived at the hostel we found out that they'd locked us out and that we couldn't get into the hostel. The guests let us in.

    We waited around 45minutes and tried to reach out the owner and tried to find other options to sleep. During that time we got asked by a drug addict if we had something for him, he wouldn't leave and instead decided to smoke two cigguis; an ex soldier from Kosovo and his cousin; and some weird people passed by.
    With that weird scenario, one of the guys from Kosovo offered us to sleep in his room and leave before the light goes up. So that's what we did.

    That night we discovered that the remains of the Yugoslavian war were still very present for many people. Those guys were living in a hostel 2 hours away of Ljubljana where they work. They left their family behind just for a better salary and they didn't even find that in Slovenia. Their next hope is to go to Germany and get a better future.

    The next day after sleeping less than 5 hours in a 30 degrees hostel room we took a train to the lake Bohinj, a breathtaking place with turquoise water and beautiful mountains. But again, another surprise was that the camping was booked out and the area was full of Germans with their vans.

    From then on started our real adventure trekking through the Triglav National Park and camping in the wildness.
    Read more