Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Sad to leave Bosnia

    August 25, 2019 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Bosnia and Herzegovina is known for its wild rivers and stunning waterfalls. It's not a surprise then if we tell you that many adventure lovers come to the country to enjoy its wild waters doing some rafting. So did we :)

    We spent two awesome days in Konjic at Guest House Konjic. Marko was our host and his cosy house is filled with 8 adorable cats and a funny dog. This town was the perfect stop over to charge our batteries, to discover the peaceful town and to connect with the local people.

    The rafting along the 23km of Neretva River felt more like a quick ride on a kayak than a rafting ride full of rapids and adrenaline. That's due to the end of the season and its low tide. Even though the speed wasn't as expected we were able to appreciate the awesome nature along the way.
    We paddled with 2 Germans and 2 Bosnians, with whom we enjoyed a barbecue on the evening nearby a lake.

    Again, Marco's place felt like home for us. His hospitality and kindness made our visit more than worth it. We shared some very interesting chats together and we loved the vegetables of his garden and the wine. Hvala Marco! See you soon!

    After visiting Konjic we stopped in Mostar, a must see place. Its architecture is beautiful and you feel like being in a fairy tale when walking through the narrow streets.
    The city is located very close from Croatia and it has become a main tourist place in the south of the country. That's probably the reason why we missed that kindness from the people that we had found in much less touristic places.

    We felt very sad for leaving this amazing country and awesome people. We'll definitely come back again!
    Read more