Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    Hitchhiking along the coastline

    October 16, 2019 in Turkey ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    On our way hitchhiking along the Mediterranean coast we met some very helpful and friendly people. Alibaba aka "Shoe doctor" invited us to camp at his farmhouse close to Kaş. Most of the products served during dinner and for breakfast came from their own garden.

    In Finike heavy rain stopped us from hitchhiking. It turned out to be the right place. In our guesthouse we felt once more like home. Ramazan's family shared their meals with us and at night we all enjoyed some moves dancingTurkish music. Furthermore the destiny brought us to the twin city of Mosbach :)

    We spent our last days at the coast in lovely Çıralı. This has been one of our favourite places so far. We found a piece of paradise here. It has a wild, wide and quiet beach where we enjoyed either beautiful sunrises, long walks nearby the beach or chill swims. A magical place which is even more special for having Yanartaş on the background, a mountain that you can hike during the sunset to find fire coming out of the mountain. This unique rocky mountain site has literally been on fire for thousands of years. The reason lies in abiogenic methane gas that reaches the surface through several holes.
    People grill marshmallows and sausages in the fire while enjoying the sea view and some shooting stars.
    Read more