衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日13

    ON THE ROAD AGAIN

    2020年7月22日, アメリカ ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    Jan and I made it to Caprock Canyon. Jan left early and got there before nightfall. It was already dark when I arrived. We had the same campsite at the Wild Horse area as last time we were here. The evening & night were tolerable; not too hot....no rain.

    Thursday & Friday we stayed on BLM land outside Canon City, CO. (BLM Seep Springs HOV Area, 4218 Co Rd 3A, 81212) It was pretty remote, 9 or so miles on a dirt road. But it was lovely; a bit hot during the day, cool enough at night. We put the port-a-potti behind some trees & didn't bother setting up the tent for it. There was nobody anywhere nearby.

    We went to Royal Gorge Bridge. It was not as impressive as the photos on-line suggested it would be. It was built as a tourist trap and definitely was one. After a very long wait, we did take an Air Gondola ride across the canyon. It was dog friendly but Jay was not impressed either and just lay on the floor of the gondola. then we hiked back, or I guess walked/strolled as it was not far.

    The bridge had flags for all the 50 states EXCEPT Mississippi. Of note: the governor of Mississippi has determined, in light of the 'Black Lives Matter' movement, that they needed to get a new flag since the current flag contains the image of the confederate flag within it. They have not finalized the new flag flag design yet. .....But as I am entering this in October, I can attach a picture of their New Flag. and I kinda like it!
    もっと詳しく