Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 1

    Up, Up and Away

    13 oktober 2019, Kanada ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We started this journey with a very early morning flight to Calgary! From our first moments of being up, up and away, we were collecting memories ... and ... snacks!

    We enjoyed two for two on-time departures, two smooth flights, one party on Board launched off with a large Tim Horton's coffee and an apple fritter ... complete with a 6" tuna Subway sandwich, nicely chilled French Colombard-Chardonnay, pretzels AND cookies, a bottle of H2O and enjoying a few chapters of Grandma Gatewood's Walk on Audible. John even snuck a power nap into the itinerary! And, all of this was topped off with sunshine and 16°C upon arrival in Hamilton!

    We are going Rogue this trip ... Nissan Rogue that is! We picked up our rental and are already smitten with it! We found our way to our hotel easily and effortlessly! When we arrived, however, we were informed that the restaurant was closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday. It was a blessing in disquise because we ended up walking in the warm sunshine to "Ye Olde Squire Taphouse & Eatery". We thoroughly savored some authentic Irish Pubhouse Fare ... and then took another walk ... let's call it the 'wine walk' to get a bottle of wine for the room. We snapped a few pics of the Autumn leaves thus far! It seems they are just starting to turn color!

    We are looking forward to a good sleep and then we are off to Niagara on the Lake tomorrow! Will talk to you all again then! 😊
    Läs mer