Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 4

    Double Sixes in the Niagara Mist!!

    16. lokakuuta 2019, Kanada ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    The thunder was rolling at about 4:30am and we awoke to the swishing sound of rain spraying out from under the car tires this morning! 💦💦💦

    It's the old boy's 66th Birthday today! It's a gift for both of us to be celebrating in this location! 🎉🎁

    I talked the old boy into having a White Linen breakfast at the fancy schmansy Prince of Wales Hotel. We arrived at 11:08am which was a bit past their 11:00am cutoff for breakfast. We would have arrived earlier were it not for us breaking all the rules and enjoying a glass of French Rosé in front of the fire at 9:58am ... and ... making long conversation with the couple who offered to rake our picture outside the restaurant. Fortunately, in honor of John's birthday, they made an exception and offered us a seat!  The birthday boy opted for the Exotic Mushroom and Goat Cheese Omelet. My head was turned towards the Carmelized Onion Tart ... but then ... I opted to go with a traditional breakfast instead! We sipped on our cappuccinos with  a littleTchaikovsky playing in the background! And then ... our server (Kafir) brought us some complimentary drinks ... orange juice and cranberry juice!! He delighted in telling us mixed them himself ... and .. they were, in fact, delicious!

    You know it's an uppity restaurant when the dry toast comes wrapped with white linens and is accompanied by balls of butter! 😉

    After our late breakfast, we hit the road to go back to the Falls and, along the way, I was reminded that I forgot to tell you about the newlyweds we met yesterday at one of the lookout points along the Niagara Parkway. Sam and Misty were just two days married and we took pictures for each other! Misty enthusiastically proclaimed that we had to pose for the "Vegas Shot"! None of us knew what on earth she meant ... but ... after she demonstrated, we offered up our own best showgirl poses! 😉

    We stopped to enjoy the Whirlpool Aero Car! It's an open sided gondola that takes you across the whirlpool in the gorge!!  The views were simply stunning!! 

    And then, we thought we'd get parked at the hotel even though we were far too early for check-in.  Turns out that we were able to get into our room two hours ahead of schedule!  And ... my gosh ... the view is exquisite! We are on the 20th floor of the 'Sheraton on the Falls' on a corner room facing the majesty of it all. Simply stunning!! 

    We sipped a glass of wine while we enjoyed the view as the rain fell and when it let up a bit, we headed out onto the Hornblower and ventured right into the Falls!  It was quite the experience!! 

    And then, to finish off the day, we enjoyed a very lovely dinner in the Italian restaurant at the hotel... overlooking the Falls.

    I think the old boy really enjoyed his double sixes birthday!! And with all that joy ... we bid you a very good night and will talk to you again tomorrow! 😊
    Lue lisää