Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 9

    Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

    14 февраля 2023 г., Caribbean Sea ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    After a great night's sleep, we arrived in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica this morning at 8:00am. We had booked an include excursion down the Tortuguero Canals. These are apparently the breeding grounds for sea turtles ... hence the name of the canals. It was such a beautiful day ... not as hot as Panama and sunny and breezy. We were able to see some gorgeous blue butterflies, a caiman, a two-toed sloth, a three-toed sloth with a baby on her chest and a crocodile sunning himself next door to a residence.

    After a relaxing trip down the canals, we headed back to the ship for a nice lunch and then headed to the pool. I'm not sure if it was the Bonine or not, but I was feeling so lazy. It was exquisite to rest my eyes while we laid in the sun ....just like a coule of crocodiles ourselves! Only get up to enter the water, piddle or get something cool and refeshing to drink. It was a perfect day in terms of feeling completely relaxed.

    In honor of Valentines Day, they gifted all the women on board with a gorgeous long-stemmed pink rose! It was a lovely gesture! We enjoyed another nice buffet at the World Cafe ... the old boy particularly enjoys the sushi options. And, today, they had a lovely pork belly! We really enjoy being able to try a number of different things and then go back for more of the ones you really like!

    We are headed off now ... for a day at sea tomorrow ... and then we find ourselves in Roatan, Honduras. We are still trying to find our sea legs. Even the old boy is finding the rocking and rolling of the ship a bit troublesome. He even took a dramamine.. I'm on my third Bonine ... been taking them every 12 hours or so. Is that too often Nurse Caryl??

    We are still really questioning whether or not we are 'ocean' cruising people.....hmmmm. We have struck up conversation with a few people here and there. But in all honesty ... we haven't hit if off with anyone in particular. Maybe its just the folks we have met ... but ... there seem to be a whole lot of uppity people.

    For example, the old boy was making small talk in the pool with a fellow who was describing (in great detail) how he had renovated his entire home ... he needed a number of extra custom made amenities ... urinal, steam room, elevator etc. He asked John where he was from and his next question was ... "What kind of house do you have?" Gah.

    We shared a table at lunch today with a couple who have been on a number of cruises ... but ... complained about the quality of first class flights they had endured recently. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must have been for them. I couldn't relate ... maybe it was offputting for them when I shared that flying first class is still on my bucket list. There is endless talk about politics and all the immigrants trying to sneak into the U.S.A. Yesterday we had a short chat with a couple who were adamant that the wall needed to go up to "keep those people out". When the old boy inquired about what should be done to help alleviate their challenges instead ... they finished their drinks and left.

    We have met a couple of couples that we had some good visits with ... the Scottish couple and another couple of gals who were hilarious ... but ... you can meet them once and never see them again!!

    I don't know. We feel a bit like fish out of water. I'd really rather not talk politics with folks. We bumped into another couple at our hotel in Panama who had really strong feelings. It's not that I have a problem with people who have opinions. I just don't like to feel their undaunted attempts to convince me.

    But, tomorrow is an new day ... and .... there are likely 860ish passengers that we haven't met yet!! Keep your fingers crossed for us okay??
    Читать далее