Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 134

    La Paz

    March 22, 2018 in Bolivia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We have arrived to La Paz by a night bus from Sucre and for the first time had a really good journey.
    The comfy "camas" fully declined and created a comfy bed.
    Thankfully we could check-in to our hostel right after arrival and after a good night sleep could head straight to the town.
    In two full days we ended up having in La Paz we have experience a lot. I don't think we can say that we really like the city but we have to admire how the city grew around it's environment.
    In La Paz you either go uphill or downhill and with the altitude of 3 600 m.a.s.l we have paced ourselves.
    On the first day we have experienced just how much would Bolivia wanted it's sea back. There was a huge parade in the city with thousands of people marching the streets singing hymn or shouting " Mar para Bolivia".
    As we do like to eat, we have headed towards market to grab something for lunch. We tried the local schnitzel and soup with peanuts. It was very nice and after a quick stop to grab a sugary drink for more energy we could head towards the streets again.
    La Paz is huge in all different types of markets and Bolivia in general is not big on supermarkets.
    That means that whatever you need, you can head towards a Mercado and get it. Anything from a TV to countless DVDs to sinks and toilets or dried baby llama.
    I think we got into a busy La Paz life that is so noisy and has one of the strangest traffic rules we have seen (read no rules).
    After five days we are ready to head towards more tranquil Copacabana on shores of Lake Titikaka.
    Read more