Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 140

    Isla de la Sol

    March 28, 2018 in Bolivia ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    An hour ride from the Isla de la Luna is the famous island Isla del Sol. Large island with several communities that is unfortunately torn by dispute between the northern and southern inhabitants.
    To start of we have visited ruins Pilko Kaina with its best known site Palacio del Inca.
    There is a possibility to walk from here to the village Yumani but as I still didn't feel too well we decided to take a short boat ride.
    We have been rewarded by being able to finally get pictures done with a llama that was waiting in the port and with traditional boat that we hope to see more of the Isla Uros in Peru.
    From port we climbed through the Escalera del Inca, beautifully kept gardens towards the village.
    Higher we got, better views we could enjoy. We walked along the old roads and only few things gave away the century we are in. The donkeys walked the stone pathed and not much have changed. The kids running around and asking if we would like to take a picture with alpaca and the WiFi sign gave away the progress the island made.
    At the end we shared a delicious mango from the Copacabana market and headed back to the shore to take bus to Peru.
    Our Bolivian adventure is coming to end.
    Read more