Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 180

    Trujillo

    May 7, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We have arrived from Huaráz quite late but as we were back at the sea level and the air was nice and warm, we could help ourselves to pop out and explore the place a little.
    Right round the corner from the square we have discovered a very nice Italian restaurant full of locals. As it smelled amazing, we went in for a dinner. The place was absolutely packed and we grabbed one of the last tables. The menu looked really good and we each chose a pizza with a beer.
    The service wasn't the fastest one but pizza was really nice and the atmosphere was great as well.
    From here we wondered around for a little bit before we decided to head back and have a good night sleep.
    In the morning we wanted to check out the town and options for visiting the temples around. We headed towards the bus station when we headed someone shouting Czechoslovakia! It was Lobo, an Israeli guy we met at the Colca cañon trek. We haven't seen each other since Arequipa and it was great to run into him.
    As we had only one full day before we continued to Ecuador, we decided to join a tour that would take us to both most interesting temples around here and take us to the beach at the end.
    The temples were really nice but the beach wasn't as I have imagined. It was rather cold and windy so we ran inside the minibus to warm up.
    Once we got back to town, we had time to drop of our luggage at the bus terminal before we enjoyed a lovely McDonald dinner right on the square.
    Read more