Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 207

    Golden Prague Pub

    June 3, 2018 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We have walk past the pub two days earlier and noticed the Czech week event from 3rd of June. As that's our last day in Cuenca, we have decided to pay them a visit and see what food they will have.
    Walking to the pub we dreamt about gulas and svíčkova and other Czech delicatesses.
    Once we sat down we ordered a beer each and as we thought it's 5 USD for each, we were determined to make it last throughout the dinner.
    The menu looked really good and it was hard to choose. The Czech chef Vladimír Šalanský who owns a restaurant in Strahov prepared several nice dishes.
    We agreed on gulas and sekaná and patiently waited for dishes to appear in front of us.
    In the meantime Petr spotted their Sunday to Thursday happy hour from 15:00 to 19:00. With beer half price we were ready to enjoy more than one.
    The food was served rather quickly and soon we tucked in. It was absolutely delicious and it made us miss home even more.
    Before we headed out, we asked for a photograph with the chef and promised we will visit his restaurant back in Prague.
    I think it must have been one of the best cuisine experience we had in South America and not just because the beer was finally well priced and sooo tasty!
    Read more