Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    From Mt. Robson on to Jasper Natl Park

    August 19, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 54 °F

    What a treat! The clouds cleared just enough to see Mt. Robson this morning on our way to Jasper. We stopped to get one last look and use the sani-dump for the RVs. As we were outlining our plans for the day in the parking lot...Steve happened to look up at the peak, and sure enough, the clouds moved out of the way, almost like a curtain unveiling the view! Just a memorable way to say goodbye Robson!

    Headed on to Jasper stopping at Moose Lake for a quick peak. No moose, plenty of lake. Another quick stop at Yellowhead Lake, no yellowheads, but plenty of mosquitos!

    Next thing we knew we were through the entrance to the national park and looking for parking in Jasper. Beautiful day, beautiful drive. This area of the Rockies has been hit very hard with their own bark beetle. As you look at photos you will see alot of brown instead of green in the forest. Those are the dead trees, it actually looks like the beetle has done more damage here then the sierras!

    First stop in Jasper was the Visitor center to get tips and hints for hikes and visits...just to supplement literature Kristi and I had brought! Picked up Subway sandwiches and drove out to Pyramid Lake, just 5 min or so out of town. Just a picture perfect mountain lake complete with wooden bridge that you walk across to access the island for picnic spots. Just the right size for canoes and kayaks. Found a lakeside table and enjoyed the view and the weather.

    Back into town for afternoon shopping and errands in the town of Jasper. Its not that big, and has a ton of restaurants, and lots of shops to walk through. Did a little gift and grocery shopping, stopping for ice cream only once.

    Headed out to campground (3-4 miles out town) to make some dinner and relax... just another "busy" day vacationing!
    Read more