Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 6

    Into central Colorado

    27 de mayo de 2021, Estados Unidos ⋅ ☀️ 68 °F

    We actually were on the road by 8:30 which is pretty good for us! Including morning devo with Cindy... beautiful drives today. Went through Grand Junction, and then took 50 through Delta, Montrose, Blue Mesa Res., over Cerro Summit and into the Curecanti Natl. Rec area before Gunnison. It was there that we spent about an hour allowing for single lane traffic on this two lane county hwy. Fortunately weather was gorgeous and views nice... loved the drive through the Gunnison area, just sort of a big river plain with mountains on either side.
    Dropped the jeep off of the RV in Sargents, so we could cross the divide without towing. Tom took the RV and I led in the jeep. Again great drive up over 11,000 for pass. Down into Salida and a gorgeous river canyon drive along the Arkansas River ( the headwaters are in Colorado) to a odd little RV Park in Howard, Colorado. Small little park that has staggered pads up the hill. Nice views, but a mixture of semi permanent guests. They had a cannabis smoking area by the office, which Tom and greatly appreciated, just joking! Owner would not let anyone in the office, you had to text her to let you know you needed to check in. She saw us to our site and then explained that it was a long day and she needed to get back to bed. (It was 5:15) I don't know maybe she had spent the day in the "smoking" area?
    Leer más