Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 114

    Air Zoo in Kalamazoo

    September 16, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    Enjoyed a quiet morning in there parking lot of the museum. Lots of green spaces for Charlie to sniff out.
    We weren't sure we wanted too go thru the museum but decided to since we're didn't have anywhere to be.
    Really enjoyed this stop, they have a very good selection of historically and currently aircraft displayed beautifully in this huge building, I don't have any knowledge about airplanes, butv appreciated display and size of some these aircraft. Lots of docents around too share info. My guess was they were mostly ex-flyers...
    Got on the road about noon. We stopped at Meijer for a few groceries, and walked across the lot to a deli to share a sandwich. Gassed up ($3.60 a gal, not to bad)) and headed west.
    We spent the rest of the day driving. We decided we didn't want to drive the interstates through southern Chicago, so we took a bunch of county highways. Not bad, but only two lane roads, and some with little or no shoulder. Average speed, maybe 45 mph. Hindsight, we would have probably been fine on the interstate. Although roads are not always in very good shape, especially the slow lanes...
    Enjoyed the countryside, lots of corn and some other crop, soy? Wide open with ranch houses, barns and silos. Not as wooded as Michigan, but rolling hills. Humid.
    We stayed at Nature's Way RV park, small but did have electric and water. Always a plus in warm days!
    Read more