Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    450 miles to Williams

    April 27, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    Wow, a LONG day on the road! We didn't wake up until 7:30 those morning, so quick cup of coffee, some powdered donuts, meds, teeth brushed, and we hit the road.
    Hwy 58 was thick with traffic, but we always enjoy this drive over Tehachapi. Nice and green, not a lot of wildflowers, maybe too late?
    Gas in Tehachapi, plus cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast!
    Out across Mojave, and got on 40 east. Pretty 🥵, but keeping the windows open for some natural AC!
    (There is no such thing as RV dash air conditioning no matter what they tell you)
    Stopped in Ludlow ( old route 66 stop) to make lunch. Crossed the Colorado, very FULL! and into Arizona.
    Arizona Interstate 40 is terrible! Pot holes and poorly completed repairs (?) resulted in a very trying day. I was driving and frankly tried to drive on the white line at the side to find a smoother surface. Then drove in the fast lane because it wasn't as worn out as the slow lane. The faster traffic did not understand our decision....
    Had hoped to get to Flagstaff, but finally gave up at Williams and pulled of the road at about 5:30.
    Pulled into a Love's, took a deep breath and poured a glass of wine. Nice evening, cool and dark. Too bad the trucks never turn their engines off.
    Tom, Charlie and Frank exhausted.
    Read more