Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 140

    Heading west, wow, we picked Sioux Falls

    12 settembre 2023, Stati Uniti ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    We were pretty well ready to take off on our drive, if only we could decide where?? Was pretty sure we were going to head to Fargo and then west on 94 thru North Dakota. But we really did take this route last year and then hit snow at Medora and had to head south...so at last minute decided to head to Sioux Falls and travel west on 90. Hoping this was God's prompt!

    It was a great day for driving, nice and cool. Traffic was light. We ended up heading southwest on Hwy. 23.
    Lots of lakes! But still relatively flat and wooded! Tom still feeling fatigued, no symptoms, but just weak, so I am driving again. And I really don't mind.
    After a couple of hours we took a brief stop at Green Lake. Stretched out legs and Charlie had some water time.

    Back on the road and got to Granite Falls after noon. Decided to have our lunch break here. They have a little park by the Minnesota River which flows along side the downtown main street. Even though it was Tuesday, it was so quiet it seemed like Sunday. Found a cute little bakery open, bought a wrap and headed to the river to picnic. By now the sky had cleared up and it was sunny and beautiful! Enjoyed the pedestrian suspension bridge and the "falls"!
    Leggi altro