Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Trek America - Las Vegas to Los Angeles

    May 29, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    All good things must come to an end and as it was we departed from Las Vegas for our final destination on our Trek America tour, Los Angeles.

    We went to bed around midnight but some of our group went back out to The Strip, not returning until 4:00am before getting up early for the final leg of our journey. Dark sun glasses and fragile looks accompanied them before the van rocked them to sleep.

    It was a reflective drive down through California as we contemplated all that we had done in the space of just 2 weeks. We have travelled North to South across Western USA, a total of 2650 miles in a arch through 9 States (Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and California). We've hiked up peaks, down canyons, rafted on white water and slept under the stars from the snowy mountains of Yellowstone to the blistering heat of Las Vegas.

    It has been a great group with a brilliant leader in Emily. We felt sad to leave them for our hostel, everything suddenly feeling very quiet with it only being the two of us again after two weeks with 9 other people. We wish our fellow Trekkers and Emily the very best in their future travels and hope that maybe someday and by someway our paths cross again.
    Read more