Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 108

    Cairns

    August 5, 2015 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    So you may notice that today's post is full of yesterday's photographs. This is because we couldn't fit them all on yesterday's post and today has been spent by the swimming pool again, for which there are only so many photos/descriptions we can come up with.

    A great aspect of travelling as we are is not just meeting local people in the places we go but also the wide variety of nationalities and personalities also travelling from around the world.

    You'll see in these photos some of the fellow travellers we ventured with in the Tablelands; Sarah, Emma and Neil from Bristol; Ellin and Georgia from Wales; Mario from Germany; Izzie and her mother from California.

    We have also met lots of others, both on the Tablelands trip and at our hostel in Cairns, briefly sharing travel stories and laughter over a drink or meal. Unfortunately we can't remember all their names such is the brevity of our passing in a river of backpacking faces. However there has been meditating Buddhist Swede, Oscar, and fellow didgeridoo competitor, Josh, and his girlfriend, Charlotte, from Burnley, who are just starting their 1 year trip in Australia.

    We've found that by in large, regardless of the many differences we might have with those we meet, the shared interests of travel, sport, food and music can transcend all the other crap in the world. For a little while at least, 'the kids are alright'.
    Read more