Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 185

    Bangkok to Hong Kong

    October 21, 2015 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Bleary eyed we rose in the pre-dawn darkness to tentatively eat a breakfast our still sleeping stomachs reluctantly accepted. Through the silent streets by taxi, we bade farewell to the humid heat and entered the bright and airy cocoon of airport controlled atmospheres, which would accompany us until we arrived in London.

    Daylight steadily motioned across the departure gate's glass panelling, illuminating our plane as we boarded. Nestling down into our seats we settled into the few hours it would take to cross back over the countries we had visited and land in Hong Kong to transfer planes.

    Both tired but not ready to sleep we watched with surprise as a man, seated across the aisle and donning what appeared to be liberated hotel slippers, broke into heavy snoring within one minute of takeoff. However his symphony did not last long before he was asked to change seats to accommodate the whims of a young girl who did not want a window seat after all.

    Entering the cavernous terminal at Hong Kong we changed the last of our remaining money to buy a picnic of Starbucks pie and muffin over brown napkins, the taste still lingering as we were called to board...
    Read more