Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Hiroshima!

    July 31, 2015 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We all woke up yesterday at the early time of 5am to go to Hiroshima. Saying that all were excited is an understatement. The early start all got to us though and as a result I must apologise for the late blog update. We all got ready and had to rush for the bus as we almost missed it. Luckily, the buses were also slightly late!

    After a 2 and a half hour drive which included a short anime movie about the events of Hiroshima to prepare us for what was ahead and airconditioning which some people said was the best part of their day. We started making our way around the park and luckily Lee apparently had an encyclopaedic knowledge of Hiroshima though Cerys thought that was debatable.

    After looking around the area and the museum we all went into the readings hall where poems written by survivors of Hiroshima were read. After that they called for messages from Scouts. We were all very proud when Alex Cater stood up and delivered an incredibly moving message about how violence is very rarely the answer and talking things through is better for everyone. After all of this we went on the bus for the way home. I'm confident that all of our unit learned something and had fun in the process.
    Read more