Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    At Sea

    December 26, 2014, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    Much calmer seas on this side of Central America. We are coasting along in 3-4 foot seas which probably would be a pain on Kalliope but up here on the 5th floor it kind of rocks you to sleep. Christmas was a success. Jeff was a hit in his family tartan kilts. Ali and Nancy were quite beautiful but as Ali says "she could walk into the room stark naked and everyone would still be looking at Jeff's kilts". Great dinner. We need a little detox today to recover.
    We took a lesson on using the sextant today and Nancy and I both got a position from a single sun sight that was somewhere in the area that we could see from the boat so that was at least comforting to know. Tonight was also our dancing "debut". We had been taking dance lessons and had a great time doing some fun swing, foxtrot and rumba dancing in the Panarama lounge. Our tango needs some work and we need to learn to recover better when the boat lurches but it made for some good exercise and a lot of fun.
    Tonight we get an extra hour of sleep. There is an advantage to going west. The days keep getting longer as you roll the clock back. Well it is off to Costa Rica in the morning and a tour of the rain forest.
    Read more