Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    At Sea

    January 1, 2015, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We recovered and made our two mile walk and poolside breakfast before they took the fruit away at 9:30. We thought that was doing pretty good after last nights big affair. All the crew were in good moods as many off them got to party as much as the passengers. Of course there was more great food for lunch as they fixed a big buffet so we had to try all these things that we might not have tried yet. More walking later this evening it appears. :-)
    At sea was always where we thought we would have plenty of time to read, work on the computer, do some little projects we brought with us. Jeff and I both thought that we could surely find time to do a little art. Turns out the days aren't as empty as we thought.
    We try to exercise several hours a day to keep the weight of the great food and abundant drink off our body or we will be buying new wardrobes by Australia. The ship also offers enrichment lectures that so far have been very enjoyable about topics we would probably never thought we were interested in. Then we have finally been getting the schedule of the dance band and ours together so we dance for a little exercise prior to getting ready for dinner. Usually a show at 10 after diner and more dancing or just visiting afterward until Nancy reminds us that her bedtime was several hours ago and we retire.
    The shipboard personnel all know us. We think it is because they have to know all the World Cruise guests but it also could be that we are always laughing so it is easy to spot us coming. We have not met as many others on the cruise as we would like but, like we remembered, the ship is bigger then you think and there are lots of little hiding places so we don't often bump into people like we thought we would. We have also been eating together which is usually the prime meeting time. I suspect that after the holidays we will make a concerted effort to get to know some of the 30 or so folks that will be continuing on with us in LA. There will be 145 of us going the entire way and many doing several legs. Some of the crew are staying and they are very happy to be doing it so it must be fun for them as well as us.
    Read more