Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Bye bye Okinawa & again Konichiwa Tokyo

    October 19, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    It is raining again and a typhoon from the Philippines is heading to Okinawa, poor people here... Woken up early by the sound of strong winds, thoughts of the typhoon already here, planes not flying etc crossed our minds. No cancellation messages luckily so it is time for us to pack and leave for Tokyo. Sad to leave Tokiko: her warm presence and her way of hosting us made our stay here very special!!!

    What we did not understand is that the typhoon is also heading to Tokyo. So the weather is similar, grey and rainy, all weekend long (the calm before the storm)... It does not stop us from exploring Tokyo a bit more, unfortunately also the rest of Tokyo seems out in the streets despite the weather. Meeting up with Maria again in a rock/metal bar, apero with Toshi and his family and why not trying wagyu beef in a small family run teppanyaki restaurant, OMG holy cow.

    Well, our adventures in Japan have come to an end. Within Japan we almost travelled 8000 km by planes, car, trains, cable cars, bikes, boats and foot!! Sometimes it felt like we were going like a shinkansen, therefore good that the last week was all about relaxing on paradise beaches. What a country: kind people, delicious food, magnificent landscapes and amazing temples! Japan, you treated us well and we definitely come back!

    Thank you for following us and see you soon!!!
    Arigato & Sayonara!
    Kulia
    Read more