Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    K-Trip - Seoul

    April 9, 2023 in South Korea ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Annyeonghaseyo from Seoul!

    What a crazy, cool, gigantic place to start our travels! Despite the jetlag, total lack of rythym (combined a nice mix of screaming kids and ashamed parents in silent metros) and the enormous distances, we did manage to explore quite a bit of this metropolis.

    Some highlights: The spectacular Starfield Library with its 50.000 books displayed on three 13-metres tall towering bookshelves. The relaxing stroll along the Cheonggyecheon stream, running through downtown Seoul. Snacking around in the busy markets Gwangjang and Namdaemun. Running/stepping around the futuristic fashion hub Dongdaemun Design Plaza. Making friends with some of the many, many, many!!! gwiyeowo (kawaii) characters. Getting lost in the streets of Bukchon Village with its traditional houses. Kids having a blast at the Children’s Park Museum. Meeting up with old high school mate, Han.

    Oohhh and not to forget about COFFEE. Coffee shops are everywhere, 18.000 of them: local, international, chains, independent, specialty, 3 storeys high, take out window, themed, OMG!! Starbucks also set the trend here in Seoul since 1999 and since then has more branches than in any other city in the world.

    A week has passed by, time to move on and discover more of the country.
    Read more