Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    K-Trip - the end…

    May 9, 2023 in South Korea

    We are back in Busan to take the ferry to Japan. It has been exactly 1 month that our trip took a start and what an adventure so far!! Trying so many different dishes (and side dishes called banchan) and tastes, besides the famous BBQ’s, bibimbaps, sashimi, and kimchi, even bento boxes in convenience stores such as 7-eleven or GS25 are fantastic. Sleeping in normal beds or on matrasses on the floor with heating (ondol). Milo and Yuna drawing so much attention here and although their non-obedient and loud behaviour (grrr), seems they are liked here. In the street, shops, on the mountains, they get sweets, chocolate, drinks and even money. Yuna does a few boxes (very Covid proof, almost everyone still wears face masks) with a granny in the metro and granny opens her wallet and gives 50.000 won (almost EUR 40).

    For sure, South Korea did not disappoint us at all, friendly and helpful people, clean, good infrastructure, safe, although sometimes a bit challenging. Difficult to find non-spicy food for the kids, innocent looking products are not to be trusted ;-), public transport can still be confusing even though made easier with the right apps, getting an espresso despite the superdeluxe coffee machines (excuse: it is not on the menu but we have cappuccino or latte or americano, or we don’t have a small cup….).

    Some foodie impressions to share for now and very excited to explore the next country!
    South Korea, we definitely come back (even if it is because our return flight is from Seoul 🤣)

    Annyeonghi gaseyo!
    Read more