Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Playa de la Saladita

    January 31, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    As the crow flies, the beach at Saladita is not that far from the Majahua beach but for us to go there by car, it was a 1/2 hour drive over the mountain, through the town of Lagunillas and its Monday fruit and vegetable market and then down a winding road through mango and palm orchards to the ocean.

    Ever since we started hearing about Troncones, we knew that the area was full of off-the-beaten-track surfing beaches for people of all abilities. People come here from all over to boogie board, to short board and long board. Not that I know very much about surfing and waves, but it is fun to watch surfers catch a ride.

    The two beaches in this area that are known for their long rides are La Saladita and The Ranch.

    We decided to drive to the nearest one, La Saladita, to see what it was like. What we found was a long, picturesque beach dotted with oceanfront cabanas and little shack-like restaurants. The ocean was full of young people doing their best to stay up on their longboards for as long as possible. Very entertaining!

    We found a good, shady spot to have a limonada and watch all the activity. We were also rewarded with a sighting of whales splashing around in the distance.
    Read more