Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    An Update on the Termites

    February 3, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The day after the exterminators came, our housekeeper and the handyman came and we all helped to clean the dead bugs, that fell from the roof beams. A good mornings work and the place looks great again.

    But, the termites made their presence known again in the bodega. Jaime sprayed them, our friend called the exterminator and he immediately said he would come the next day. The termites were fleeing from their underground tunnels to die.

    He came the next day with a helper and spent 3 hours spraying and checking everything. Then he proceeded to clean all the visible tunnels and paint the remains of the tracks. You would never know that they were here,

    But he wasn’t finished, he sprayed around the house and the plants again for beetles, ants, scorpions, spiders and mosquitoes. The wood window sills were once again sprayed for woodworms and every tree around the house was checked for evidence of termites. Unbelievable service!

    He returned on Saturday for another check but we haven’t seen any bugs! Or evidence that termites were here. The woodworm beeltles in the wooden window sills, wooden doors, wooden statues are exiting their homes. You can tell because they leave a tell-tale pile of sawdust as they come out. Carlos spent a further 2 1/2 hours with his assistant injecting poison in the wood and covering the holes. Such a perfectionist!

    He is returning next Tuesday for 2 hours to check on things again and fine tune the job that he did with the woodworms! Then he will come every 3 months for a year. Does this amazing service exist in Canada?
    Read more