Satellite
Show on map
  • Hurghada’s Marina

    January 1, 2023 in Egypt ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    The new Marina is in a harbour located in the central area of Hurgada. Our apartment is only 2 km away, an easy walk to see some of the 200 mega yachts that are moored there. We left at around 10 a.m. when there were very few people on the streets and it was pretty chilly.

    The Marina has a promenade that features restaurants with food from around the world (Italian, Greek, Thai, Argentinian), as well as bars and shops. It is a nice and clean area with views of the sea and the luxury yachts. We visited it in the morning when the marina was rather empty as we imagine that the place comes more alive around the sunset.

    As it is a real tourist area, it tends to be a little more expensive for eating out than other places in Hurgada, but it is a popular dining spot worth experiencing. We had a light lunch of vegetable soup and shrimp salad. The views over the bobbing yachts and the Red Sea stretching to the horizon, can’t be beat!

    Walking home, we commented on the many big construction projects that were started and abandoned. I wonder how much Covid played in stopping construction. We have seen it everywhere we have gone. Materials are laying around unfinished buildings but no sign of workers…

    A little note about the Red Sea. Right now, it is actually a lovely turquoise colour. I guess that at times, it gets a bright red algae bloom that turns the water in the sea red or brown. Thus the name.
    Read more