Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Home Again

    3 april 2023, Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    So, here we are again. On our way home, after being away for 4 months. To clarify, we did come home to Fergus for a week between our one month trip to Egypt and our three month trip to a Mexico. Anyways, we are happy to be heading home again.

    After my birthday, we spent all of Sunday preparing for the trip home, reading and relaxing in our lovely hotel. The two week Semana Santa holidays had just begun and the town was filling up with Mexican tourists. A busy time!

    On Sunday, we arranged for a taxi to take us to the Puerto Vallarta airport - a 1 1/2 hour car ride vs a 4 hour bus ride plus taxis at either end. A local restaurant, that made us fantastic ice tea and Cubano drinks during our stay, offered to make us club sandwiches for the flight - ready at 12:30 pm. We discarded some of our clothes and shoes and planned on taking them to the local social services offices (DIF) or church. Dinner was at Tony’s Taco stand. We went to bed early.

    On Monday, we took our time getting packed. Then we went to see Louis, the 39 Tacos chef to say goodbye and wish him the best with his new restaurant. We had had our first dinner in S.S. with him and now we’re eating our last breakfast in S.S. with him. We had wonderful omelettes stuffed with mushrooms, cheese and spinach. Refried beans and toasted pita bread were on the side. As a special treat, he prepared sliced strawberries on honey with walnuts/pecans and toasted pumpkin seeds. So good! It was sad to say goodbye to him and his pup, Momo.

    Our taxi driver arrived right at 1 pm. It was Angel! The police officer that had driven me to the clinic when I hurt my knee! How great was that!

    So we are leaving San Sebastián… During the three weeks that we were there, a lot happened and we became friends with a many of the townspeople. Lucky us.

    The drive to the airport took 1 1/2 hours through lovely countryside. The whole process through the Puerto Vallarta was easy. Actually, the trip home was easy and without hassle. We wore our masks on the plane along with a few others. Red Car was there to meet us at the Hamilton airport at 1 a.m. on Tuesday. it was pouring rain but fairly warm. We got home at 2:30 and jumped into our own beds. All good.

    On Thursday, we tested for Covid and I was positive. Luckily, Chris was negative. At least, we could deal with it at home where I had some good reading materials while I isolated.
    Läs mer