Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 15

    Turia Park

    17 de janeiro, Espanha ⋅ 🌬 17 °C

    Really close to apartment, there is a 9 km long landscaped area that is perfect for for walking, skateboarding, cycling, exercising and even relaxing. It is called the Jardín del Turia Park.

    The gardens were built on the former riverbed of the Turia River, whose course was altered to prevent the constant flooding in the city. After a devastating flood on October 14, 1957, the Turia River’s course was diverted to south of the city. Where the river had been, something had to be done with the old riverbed that borders the historical centre and goes to the sea that is about 10km away.

    Several urban planners and landscapists got together and designed different sections of the park, recreating the former river scenery. They planted palm trees, orange trees and mulberry trees and put in fountains, aromatic plants and ponds, sports facilities and rose beds. The original 18 bridges were left and the paths in the park go under them. It was finished in 1986.

    What we saw of this well-used park was really lovely. We had planned on renting bicycles or scooters (easy to do) and explore the whole park but it rained on the day that we wanted to go. Five days isn’t enough for Valencia!
    Leia mais