Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 24

    And Now on to Malaga

    26 января, Испания ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Our focus while visiting the island of Mallorca was to enjoy nature and island living. We ate local food, walked to nearby villages, did road trips to see interesting landforms (Mallorca is full of them) and learned a little of the island’s history. We were there during the off season so we didn’t have to fight any huge tourist crowds. You could stay there for a month and not see everything the island has to offer. It’s a great place for sports enthusiasts.

    Now on to the warmer city of Malaga. Weq drove from Soller to where we had to return our Wiber car rental in Palma. The car rental was a good experience for $50 Cdn for 6 days! We didn’t have any accidents but something big did! Check the photo.

    The 1 1/2 hour flight was good. The plane was full of teenagers, mostly a girls’ hockey team, so there was a lot of teenage excitement and chatter. Lol. Reminded us of school field trips.

    We landed at 4 and picked up another Wiber rental car. We have this car for 20 days.

    The owner of the apartment that we are staying in, suggested a car parking lot that is only a 3 minute walk away from where we are staying. It’s called las Delicias and is secure and safe. We don’t plan on using the car for the 3 nights we are in Malaga, but we will use it to go to Granada afterwards. To rent the car was cheaper than taking a taxi and then a bus and taxi.

    Our apartment is perfect. The location is amazing, right where all the action is, but it is very quiet and close to anything we would need. It’s called Fresh, Relax and Sun Centre on booking.com.

    After a short grocery visit for basics, we came back and had a good night’s sleep.

    The next morning, after doing our laundry, we walked around the neighbourhood, starting with the very big and active Central Market with its fresh seafood, vegetables and fruits, along with ham, olives, olive oil, figs, almonds, sardines, jams and Manchego cheese. We bought a few more items and just strolled on the pedestrian shopping streets. Even at 10 a.m., the streets were full of shoppers and eaters/drinkers. We joined the crowd by buying a coffee, then sat down and people and dog watched. There are a lot of dogs on leashes here.

    We booked a free walking tour of the Alcazada, the fortress, that started at 4 p.m. through GetYourGuide. You pay what you want to pay at the end of the tour. More about the Alcazada in the next footprint.
    Читать далее