Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Half Door and Music

    September 11, 2018 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    There is nothing like sharing your breakfast time with the cows in the field next door. All of us grazing away happily. Bambury’s Guest House is lovely as is Dingle.

    The morning is nice as we head out to travel the “Dingle Loop” - a much smaller tour then the Ring of Kerry. Dingle as a town is much nicer than Killarney but the Ring of Kerry is much more scenic. We complete the loop in an hour and then head out for a walk to the lighthouse at the harbours entrance a 6 km out and back with lovely views of the harbour and an old Norman fortification.

    We take a quick, late lunch at John Benny’s, grab a few groceries and when we head out it is pouring rain so we high tail it back to Bambury’s and relax for the balance of the afternoon because tonight is music and fine dining.

    Dinner is at the Half Door and it is spectacular, I start with the Lobster Bisque and then move on to the salmon - both outstanding. Laurie has the steak and you can cut it with a fork it is so tender. We pair the meal with a Burgundy Cote de Beaune and it works with such diverse choices. Laurie’s pavlova is as good as she can remember.

    After dinner we head to the Dingle Pub for some Irish music and then bar hop to John Benny’s for another set; while all of the duo’s we have seen so far have been fiddle/guitar this duo is accordion/guitar and the sound works surprisingly well. After some time we manage to make our way home.
    Read more