Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 38

    Wild camp near Caracollo

    25 октября 2023 г., Боливия ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    After yesterday's short day we set off early today.

    We were blessed with tailwinds and good road conditions which let us ride with a 29 kph average for most of the morning. By 12pm we had already clocked in at 80km.
    At that time we passed through a small town. Needing a break we looked for a tienda that sold some bread and made ourselves comfortable on a bench in the shade next to the police station.

    We spent a good 2 hours siesta-ing there, with several locals coming by to say hi and ask where we where coming from/going to.

    We carried on southwards towards Carracollo, the next big-ish town that was supposed to have some Alojamentos for the night.

    On the way to the town we met the first cyclists in ages, heading the same way! We only had a short talk though and carried on, as they were holding a siesta aswell.

    Once we arrived in Caracollo it became apparent that the Alojamentos we were hoping for were either closed or terrible (paper thin mattresses and dirty rooms).

    Luckily iOverlander (very useful crowdsourced app) showed a good wild camping spot only 5 km south of the town. So we carried on and set up camp in an abandoned clay pit just before sunset. It wasn't very far from the main road, but out of sight. And apart from some dogs, cows and shepherds there weren't any people around.

    🚴‍♀️Distance cycled: 125km
    🐴Donkeys spotted: 20+
    🛣 Rodside scenery: 3/10
    ⛺️ Campspot: 7/10
    Читать далее