Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Limerick - Cliffs of Moher - Sligo

    August 11, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Big day today. Up and off at 8 am to start our journey to the Cliffs of Moher along the Wild Atlantic Way.

    What beautiful countryside and the Cliffs of Moher - what can I say - bloody unbelievable. The view is lovely. I did not like the look of the walk to the top so I spotted two golf buggies and asked Clarke to go see if they were going up to the top. Clarke says ‘no they won’t be going up there’ so I went and asked myself. The guy goes ‘yeah jump on’. I took a seat and who should plonk their bum beside me - none other than Clarke. Away we go to the top. It was freezing bloody cold at the top and the gale force wind would blow a dog of a chain. After we were done the buggy driver came and got us to go back down.

    The Cliffs of Moher are sea cliffs located at the southwestern edge of the Burren region in County Clare, Ireland. They run for about 14 kilometres (9 miles). At their southern end, they rise 120 metres (390 ft) above the Atlantic Ocean at Hag's Head, and, 8 kilometres (5 miles) to the north, they reach their maximum height of 214 metres (702 ft) just north of O'Brien's Tower, a round stone tower near the midpoint of the cliffs, built in 1835 by Sir Cornelius O'Brien.

    We then went to the visitor centre for a cappuccino and a cinnamon scroll to warm up and we grabbed some souvenirs.

    Back in the bus to head to Galway. Lovely town - apparently it’s the second most expensive city in Ireland after Dublin. We were met with hordes of people again all looking for lunch as we were. This was only a quick stop before we boarded the bus to head to Sligo.

    We are in Sligo tonight and we will join the crew from the bus for dinner.
    Read more