Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Hakuna Matata

    February 10, 2023 in Tanzania

    A fun day. Cynthia got in last night and we started off bright and early with a visit to the Masai village where we had a beautiful hike to a waterfall, made coffee from scratch, and had a traditional Masai lunch.
    Came back to the hotel and had our gear all checked, ate a low key dinner, and now it’s after ten and I need to get to bed as we are off fairly early tomorrow to begin our trek. I won’t be able to upload anything until we get back but I’ll be journaling daily and will post it all upon our return, after SUMMITING MT KILIMANJARO!!!!!

    P.S. I just had to add something. About that gear check…
    Doris was the Altezza rep who conducted the check but she had a young trainee with her. I was fortunate to get the trainee, who checked that I had everything on the list, practically patting me on the head and declaring “good job!”. Cynthia got DORIS THE ENFORCER who checked and double checked each and every item of equipment, expressing doubt at anything Cynthia had packed that varied in any way from the proscribed list, making Cynthia try on her jacket over her fleeces, put on her liner gloves underneath her mittens, to prove that what she brought would work. From that point on Cynthia developed what one might call a resentment against the judgement of Doris, which became a running joke throughout the trek for the whole team.
    Read more