Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Prague day 2

    July 5, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Tim and Elo have been planning a surprise for me. They planned a "honeymoon"! Tim and I did not have a honeymoon, so today Elo and Marlon, her brother, took the boys to the Prague Zoo while Tim and I went out on our own in Prague! We had plans to go to the station, get on the underground train to go to the city center. We planned to go to the museum and then find a pub to get some lunch and some drinks.
    When we got to the station, it was closed. We later learned that in the 3 years of Elo living in Prague, that station has never closed... Leave it to us .. we asked the employee with the information vest what the best way to get to the museum was and he told us to get on the tram. So we hopped on the tram. Once we got going on the tram, it felt like we were going the wrong direction. We talked to a woman on the tram who suggested we get off in two stops. Which we did. We were unable to find the underground bus station, so we asked a man who was walking. He curtly said that we were a very long way away from where we wanted to be and should not be there. So he gave us directions to climb up a steep hill and get on a different bus. We decided to go back to the bus stop we got off and went back the other direction and started where we began instead of keeping going deeper into the city and really get lost.
    When we returned to the station by Elo's building, we spoke to the first guy we talked to and discovered we went in the wrong direction. We got on the correct bus and finally ended up where we wanted to.
    The museum was interesting, though we later learned we only saw a portion. We went to a closet pub because it looked like it was going to rain. We ordered beer and wine and had really great conversations and people watched. We ordered some appetizers because we didn't plan to stay long. After we paid our bill it began pouring rain. So we ordered more drinks... We decided after 4 we better order a pizza, then we went shopping.
    When we arrived back at the house the kids had just gotten back from the zoo. We cooked together and had a BBQ in the garden. We drank many beers and a couple bottles of wine. The kids played and we visited.
    Today was a great day!
    Read more