Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Berlin day 1

    July 7, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    This morning we woke up in Prague and tonight we sleep in Berlin!
    This morning Elo was not feeling well from her concussion so we all agreed she should rest and meet us in a day or two if she felt better. Marlon guided us to the train station which was quite confusing because the normal way with the subway was still closed. We got to the train station and thank goodness our train was delayed! We got on with minutes to spare! The train was so full that each car had a line of people standing in the aisle the length of the car, and all the seats were taken. At each stop more people got on than got off, so we stood the whole way from Prague to Berlin (a little more than 4 hours). We were thankful to be able to get the ride and continue our journey.
    When we got to Berlin Antonia and Suzanne were waiting for us on the platform. What a breath of fresh air to see our sweet Antonia again! It was so great to finally meet her mother! We had lunch together at the train station/Berlin mall, and then took a subway towards the hotel. We decided to get off and walk a bit to see some sights on the way to the hotel.
    After we settled in and took showers and the boys rested a bit, we went out to explore Berlin. We had cake at Antonia's (and now our!) Favorite restaurant to get cake. It was absolutely delicious. We then took the transit towards the monuments. We explored them. We saw some break dancers, bought some souvenirs and then went for dinner. When we got back to our hotel, the hotel was evacuated and the police and fire department were there. It turns out someone had too hot of a shower and it activated the fire alarm.
    Read more