Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Berlin day 2(.1 for pictures)

    July 8, 2023 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 72 °F

    What a fun packed day. We had a very delicious breakfast at the hotel before leaving for the Berlin tour on the hop-on-hop-off bus. We saw so many spectacular sights. We saw the dome, we went to check point charlie. Suzanne lived in the western Berlin during this time and told me so many interesting things that I could never have read in a book. I am thankful to have had her with today to tell me the stories.
    We saw hauptbahnhof, the wall, scheutenhviertel, DDR, the east side gallery, check point charlie, Schloss Bellevue, potsdamer platz, alexanderplatz, museum island, and all the sights in-between. It was a very full day. We also went to haribo, where the kids spent their euros that were gifted them.
    Lunch was kabob (seriously yum). After we returned to the hotel, we began getting ready for the lake.
    Suzanne, Logan, and I drove to the lake, but first Suzanne showed me where she grew up. It is a very lovely part of Berlin, full of beautiful homes and a great community. We then went to the lake where we met Tim, Antonia, and Oliver, who took the subway. We swam for about an hour then walked to a lakeside restaurant. They were full, unfortunately, so we walked to a very beautiful Italian restaurant. The staff were incredibly helpful and so nice. They served food that was fit for royalty. It was delicious. Then, when we were done, we had a complementary shot on the house. The amaretto that I chose was so sweet and smooth.
    We took the subway back to the hotel and we all went to our rooms to rest.
    It was truly a great day, and I am so thankful that we spent our day with the girl who sparked the idea of coming to Germany so many years ago. ❤️
    Read more