Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Denmark day 4 (.1)

    July 12, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    Today we went to Esjberg's sea museum. It was very neat. We saw the seals train and eat. They had a hybrid seal, the only one in the world. It is 6 months old now and adorable.
    There was a really cool exhibit about superstition and omens of the sea. There were mermaids, sea serpents, squids. It was a really cool exhibit.
    There was also one of the most fun play areas. We explored a WWII bunker and learned about Denmark's role in that war.
    We then walked to the beach where the four white men are. We checked it out. They were really neat also.
    Then we went past the westernmost part of Denmark, and explored the North Sea. It was BEAUTIFUL. Tim and the boys were introduced to the ocean, and they all loved it. We drove into the beach and walked into the ocean. The boys played in the water and then, to dry off, ran up the sand dune with Alex and raced down. We then headed back to the house for dinner.
    After dinner we watched some tennis and then went to finish our pool tournament. When the winner of the tournament was established, we then played a game called numbers. In this game, everyone chooses a ball number then we just shoot to get balls in the hole. If your ball goes into the pocket, you are out. It was a very fun game. We played it twice, then ended the evening visiting.
    Today was also a big day, because, while at Legoland, Oliver lost his phone. It was found and one of Victoria's friends brought it back from Legoland when his shift ended. Oliver was so excited!
    Read more