Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Lake Mburo - A Pleasant Change of Plans

    October 31, 2023 in Uganda ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Initially, the tour was scheduled to stop in Queen Elizabeth National Park in Uganda.
    However, few days ago, a terrorist attack killed three people in the park, which is why alternative arrangements were made and we headed to Lake Mburo instead. On the way, we also made a pit stop at the Equator.

    The following afternoon, we hopped on 4x4s and headed into the Lake Mburo National Park for yet another interesting game drive. It was the only park so far, that we could step out of the vehicle and have a short walk among a tower of giraffs (that what you call a group of giraffs), spotting bushbacks, pumbas (i.e. warthogs), impalas, etc. Our driver/tour guide was talking non-stop, but was quite funny, giving the giraffs names like Jenny and imitating their noises. Afterwards, it was off to a boat safari on the lake, where we saw loads of hippos, a few crocodiles and countless beautiful birds.

    In short, it was yet another fantastic safari day in a national park.

    Next stop, Kisoro, home of volcanos, mountain gorillas and a landscape that I would never associated with Uganda.
    Read more