Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Teton Valley Splendor

    October 11, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 43 °F

    When it comes to natural beauty, it’s usually all about the mountains for me, and the Tetons rank at the top of my favorites.

    The rest of the Teton Valley does not disappoint. We spotted a cow moose (Donny’s first), heard flocks of migrating trumpet swans (my first-so cool!), and generally stood in awe of the beauty here.

    Both towns of Victor & Driggs are charming and surprisingly full of amenities (given their collective population of 4,000)— I’d have to give Driggs the edge for dining options.

    We took advantage of a very chilly day to walk around the private golf course at the Sanctuary in Driggs (formerly Huntsman Springs). The David McLay Kidd design was stunning and a particular highlight for Donny, as he got to meet the famous designer just last week at Gamble Sands. If not for the weather, we were seriously considering sneaking onto the deserted course for a quick nine. Next time...

    For dinner, we enjoyed a lovely charcuterie board and delicious cream of zucchini soup at Forage Bistro & Lounge in Driggs, accompanied by a nice house red and huckleberry spritz (which, if I’m not mistaken was flavored by a huckleberry shrub...swoon).

    While I spent the morning working from the hotel room (today’s remote work flexibility brought to you by Covid), Donny explored more of the valley, snapping some more great landscapes.
    Read more