Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Fredericksted & Scuba

    November 14, 2020 on the U.S. Virgin Islands ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    Back! Hey, had a grand time on the USVI’s. The time went by so fast. I think the last time I chimed we were in Christiansted. Or had just moved across the island to Frederiksted.
    Regardless, Frederiksted is a very quaint town. Calm seas, calm people and some nice places to eat and drink. However it has to be a mad house when the cruise ships stop at the pier. Yikes!
    So our week revolved around Caroline completing her PADI certification. Which she did with honors. So proud of her. She overcame a lot of her fears and is now a certified diver.
    What did we see? Leatherback Turtles, Snapper, Ray’s, Barracuda’s and an assortment of reef fish. Beautiful.
    My last dive with Caroline was an area that had lots of steel cables anchored to the sea floor. They were put there during WWII. They supposedly had listening devices on the cables to sense U-boats. The cables reportedly ran from USVI to Puerto Rico.
    Our last day on the island was fun. Caroline did her last dive and instruction. I went fly fishing. Caught a 5” snapper. Brilliant.
    Would I go back? Maybe. That’s a reluctant one at that. For the money I would take Sicily or Victoria any day. On to the next adventure. Can’t wait.
    Read more