Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 15

    Philadelphia!

    4 April 2018, Amerika Syarikat ⋅ 🌫 9 °C

    Ian and Erica drove us into Philadelphia today – took about 90 mins from Erwinna. Much more traffic, but it was all good. It is a pretty city, especially in the old parts. Had a look at the Liberty Bell and Town Hall – couldn’t go in because it was sold out. We also walked down to the Benjamin Franklin house and museum, which was an interesting exhibition all about his life. It was interactive which really suited my child like preferences. Franklin was an interesting, influential and prolific man who had many good ideas. The weather ranged from sunny through to windy and rainy. We walked up to the Philadelphia Market, which was fascinating. We had the local cheesesteak roll for lunch and it was actually yummy. Many interesting stalls including an Amish one and the mushrooms were fascinating! After lunch the weather got worse so we drove around to the Art Museum which was also the setting for Rocky’s run up the steps. They have his statue there along with his footsteps – a little bigger than mine. The art gallery building was massive and impressive. Driving home we stopped at a beer brewery for beer tasting (I had a Malibu); and then the Shanklands took us to a massive supermarket called Wegmans. It was amazing and we bought a few little items.
    Back home for a quick rest and then we went to the lovely local in called
    Dinner was okay but the setting was gorgeous. We have really enjoyed Erica and Ian’s kind hospitality and friendship. Back home I learned all about Erica’s jewellery making. She is going in for knee surgery tomorrow so she needs to be distracted. Another great day!
    Baca lagi