Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Rome Day 2b

    May 16, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Afterwards, we walked up to Piazza Barberini and went to the Barberini Palazzo - another first time ever. This is yet another great art gallery displayed in magnificent rooms. We were hoping to see at least one Caravaggio but it is in Minnesota!! There were many 'Caravaggiesque' paintings - excellent artists who copied his style. Artemicia Genteleschi was among them. The Holbein of Henry VIII was outstanding - how come the British haven't 'acquired' that one? The staircases - wide and spiral were amazing. Rome is so outstanding! I got quite stressed by the time we got back to the Piccola Navona Hotel as I was out of charge and needed the phone to access our next home in Campo di Fiori. Alberto at the Piccolo Navona was helpful and even gave us a little parting gift - fridge magnet!

    We are staying in the beautiful property called 'I Tre Archi' - the three arches. Spacious and pretty but the electronic entrance was quite tricky. Finally, all was okay. We are loving being with Josy and ventured out to buy some fruit and other breakfast/lunch goodies in the market of Campo di Fiori. The flowers are magnificent and mainly from Holland.

    Rested and tonight we ate at the Giulietta Restaurant near to where Josy is staying. We didn't realize that it is a 'training' restaurant. Service was good, food was fine but somewhat more pricey.
    Read more