Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Worst day

    June 18, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    We set off on Sunday morning from beautiful Horton staying with the Lawton‘s and it was a wonderful time. The evening before we had our final meal with Peter and Morgan at the Museum pub which is located in the town of Farnham. After the nice dinner we had a wonderful walk around the village which had many pretty thatched houses. We drove up to Wells on our way to Bristol Airport and saw another magnificent Cathedral and Bishop’s house. Whilst we were waiting for a fairly awful lunch we got a message that our flight to Bordeaux had been cancelled. An additional pain was that my phone Optus card wasn’t working and still isn’t! Wtf!! We managed to change the flight to Gatwick for the next day. So we set off driving through the rain. Gradually got worse and at one stage we were diverted and then the M3 was actually closed. Traffic was awful through most of the trip. Eventually we arrived and we had trouble returning our car because we had changed the drop off point from Bristol to Gatwick. Then all the hotels were full because of all the flight cancellations. We did get a booking.com for the Marriott. Change of terminal and a long walk later, we finally arrived only to be told that they were full and the booking was for the 19th not the 18th. Wtf again. However the woman serving us was Italian and I cried on purpose and for an extra cost we miraculously got a room.
    Next morning now and so far we are on our flight which has been delayed but we should get there.
    Read more