Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Albi Arrival after Cahors stop

    June 24, 2023 in France ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    This morning we had our last lovely breakfast in idyllic Carsac and left on our way to Albi which is in the Tarn area. We decided on a stop at Cahors for two main reasons. Firstly, the market was highly recommended and it did not disappoint. Lots of people, great fruit & veg, lots of colour and it is set in the main square of the cathedral. We had fun shopping and the Les Halles was very well displayed. Cahors has wide avenues and some gorgeous hanging baskets which are huge! Afterwards we walked down to the river to find the old and so beautiful Valentres Bridge - it was worth it but the day was gradually getting hotter and hotter. We needed to stop and have a cool, sweet drink at a bar and then walked back to our car, put the air conditioner on and have some bread and cheese for lunch.
    After this we drove to Albi which was actually another painful drive. Although the roads are good in France, we were sent off on 'deviation' again and it felt like we went such the long and winding way around. Arrival in Albi was very hot but Marie, our host was lovely and helpful and the apartment is very funky indeed.
    Read more