Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Albi beauties

    June 25, 2023 in France ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    After it being much cooler overnight thank goodness we set out this morning and first went to check out the covered market which was small but had nice cheeses and more. We also had a look at the amazing Saint Cecile Cathedral which is in decorated in such an over the top manner and is so high in attitude that once again we were astounded. We dropped the cheese home and then set out to go to the Palais Berbie, which used to be the Palace of the bishops but nowadays is a Henry de Toulouse-Lautrec Art Gallery. So even though his name says he comes from Toulouse he was actually born in Albi. As we have never seen much of his art it was quite interesting with a few nice pieces but he won’t remain our favourite but it was still very interesting to see. The ticket included seeing the palace which has been renovated and even more impressive was the Jardins Remarquables. It is a good example of the French parterre gardens.
    So we had a lovely morning followed by an excellent lunch at Les Jardins de L’Archevecche which included prawns, scallops and a yummy burrata and then we went home for a nice rest in the afternoon heat. As we are not coping with the heat we are going to do what the French do at lunchtime and stay in the cool for a siesta. We did try to also go to the Musee de la Mode but it was closed to the general public. So we had a gelati, planned tomorrow and Uzes and watched the final episode of Ted Lasso .... and cried.... again. We loved it so much we will watch it again in the future as we both feel like we will miss it. It has wonderful insights into a good life.
    Read more