Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Uzes Final Day!

    July 6, 2023 in France ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    So after all the planning and longing for our little sojourn of a 10-day stay in a French town, today is our final day in Uzes. Craig went for an early morning walk to find the Roman aqueduct. We all went to the Uzes art gallery to see the exhibition of the successful local artist, Cesar Chabaud. We were not allowed to take photos and Craig said they didn't trust me because the security guard followed us into every room!?? Interesting paintings - he was mentored by Picasso who was also his friend. He also became famous for compressing items together (is it cubism?) e.g. like cars and cans. We all enjoyed the small but interesting exhibition. It was also good to see the building it was displayed in. Our last coffee in Place D'Erbe was followed by a quick look in the Maison Des Artistes - which also had gorgeous 'objets d'art 'made by local artists. Gorgeous jewellery and other art pieces which were very, very expensive. Home to change was followed by a delicious lunch at Racines. This restaurant is just a five-minute walk from our home but the 28 Euros lunch included a great razor clam entree, delicious beef, and poached pear with pistachio icecream dessert. Good value, excellent lunch enjoyed by everyone.
    After lunch Craig and I went to the museum which was simple but very historical about all the locals including Xavier Sigalon, Gide and Pichet!!
    Read more