Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Teamlabs Planets

    January 6, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    We got to the team labs and considered getting a little food before going in but out the front all they had was vegan ramen and funny flavour tea/ice cream. I would have been keen on a coffee but they didn't even have that at the vending machines.
    We headed in, took off our shoes and socks and were told to put on rental shorts if wearing a skirt as there are mirrors on the floor. I could tell some of the girls didn't listen to that warning.
    We went through the water section first which made you walk up a river to wash your feet before entering the main exhibitions.
    There were some dark sections which made you focus on the textures under your feet which changed.
    We then made our way through a bean bag room where the whole floor was one large been bag.
    The led room was next which amazed me as to how many led strips there was and the programming which would have gone into making the patterns flow across the room of mirrors.
    Next was the large ball room which changed colour and noise apparently when you hit them but there were so many people hitting them it was hard to tell what was causing the change. I found a little corner I could sit down in sorta secluded from everyone else but then would have these little kids run in and around me every now and then.
    After that we entered the fish pool room and had to roll up our pants. There was a kid which actually fell over in the water.
    We then had a dome room which had projected leaves and flowers falling around you, it actually made you feel slightly out of balance at some points.
    There was then the gardens section to go through, it started with the sound domes in moss area, they made a noise when you tapped them
    There was a guy we assumed was filming for his music video but was acting a little bit of a doosh while filming.
    We then went through the flower room which actually had lots of real flowers moving up and down on different strings and patterns. The time in this room was limited so they could get everyone through which felt a little short but was still really fun moving around the flowers.
    There was a flame totem out the front which had an app which lit a flame on your phone if you went near it, it would then spread to other people's phones if you're nearby, with the goal to spread across the world.
    Read more